Friday, April 11, 2014

Flannel Friday: Five Little Butterflies

In case you aren't familiar with it, Flannel Friday is a weekly series where participating librarian bloggers post descriptions of flannel boards and other storytime props. It is a fun way to share ideas and I will be trying my best to participate as much as possible.

My contribution to this week's Flannel Friday is a set of butterflies I made to go with a rhyme I got from Perry Public Library. It appears to originally be from the Barney CD "Run, Jump, Skip and Sing". I made these butterflies out of felt using a pattern I found here. I used the pattern for the wings and cut the bodies and spots out free form. I made the spots all different colors so each butterfly would be unique. The cut out pieces were glued together with craft glue and googly eyes were added.



The rhyme goes like this:

Five little butterflies
Five little butterflies resting at the door.
One flew away and then there were four.
Four Little butterflies sitting in a tree,
One flew away and then there were three.
Three little butterflies looking at you,
One flew away and then there were two.
Two little butterflies sitting in the sun,
One flew away and then there were none.

As a number rhyme it could be adapted in a variety of ways. You could change it to fit just about any flying creature pretty easily. If you change "flew" to a different verb that would also increase the ways it could be used.

This week's Flannel Friday Roundup is hosted by Anna at Future Librarian Superhero. To participate in upcoming roundups, or get more information head over to the Flannel Friday Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment