Friday, January 8, 2016

Resolve to Rock 2016

Once again, the wonderful ninjas at Storytime Underground are encouraging children's librarians to blog about what they would like to accomplish in the new year. Here are the ways I will "Resolve to Rock" in 2016.



Goals for 2016:
  • Increasing the number of schools I collaborate with. So far the majority of my outreach efforts have been concentrated at the two schools closest to my library. I would like to make connections at other local schools as well. I've seen the benefits of these efforts and would like to do as much as possible in this area. 
  • Promoting our Friends of the Library at more events. Our Friends do a great deal for us and we could always use more of them.  Maybe some of the parents bringing their kids to programs would be interested in joining. 
  • Trying new types of outreach. We now have a tent for "pop-up" events so I definitely see it getting use this year.
  • Growing and maintaining our 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program. We just launched it, so I am hoping many kids sign up and complete this new to us program. 
  • Continuing to increase the number of evening and weekend programs we offer. I am working towards this by starting a Saturday storytime this month. I am also considering modifying the start time of my afterschool programs in the fall. 
  • Trying out the Bedtime Math program. I've seen how other libraries have taken advantage of this resource and want to see how it goes over here.

Here's to hoping 2016 will be a fun and productive year for all! Wishing everyone the best in 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment