Friday, August 21, 2015

Flannel Friday: Five Little Apples

For this week's Flannel Friday I am sharing a new flannelboard I made for one of our new bookshelf early literacy centers. Because fall is coming soon I chose to go with a fall favorite: apples!


To make these apples I used a template I found online to trace the shape of the leaves and apples onto felt. Once I cut them out I used Tacky Glue to put the leaves onto the apples.

In a storytime setting, these apples could be used with any apple themed counting rhyme.

Here's a cute rhyme I found at Step by Step Childcare:
Farmer Brown had 5 little apples  hanging in his tree,
He plucked one apple and he at it hungrily,
Leaving 4 little apples hanging on his tree.
 (countdown to 1 green apple)

Farmer Brown had 1 little apple hanging on his tree,
He plucked that apple and he gave it all to me,
Leaving no little apples hanging on his tree! 

The Flannel Friday Roundup this week is hosted by Mollie from What Happens in Storytime. Head on over there to see what great ideas have been shared this week! To participate in upcoming roundups, or get more great storytime ideas head over to the Flannel Friday Blog or Pinterest page. You can also follow #flannelstorytime on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment